We have just added another new feature.
If you have a Github account connected to your FreedomSponsors profile, now you can add a “Sponsor this issue on FreedomSponsors” link on your repositories’ issues.
We wanted to give Github users a functionality similar to the one provided by the JIRA plugin.
Here’s how it works:
- Log into FreedomSponsors with your Github account
- Go to “Github Settings” under your profile menu (top right), select the repositories you want to integrate, and click save.
- @freedomsponsors-bot will watch your repo for new issues and you add the comment with the appropriate link.
- You can only select repositories owned by you or any of your organizations
- You can stop that behaviour anytime on your “Github settings”
If you’d like to attract bounties to your Github project, please go ahead and try it out.
Disclaimer: this feature is still “beta” (since the whole process is not very testable from a TDD point of view). We may have to make adjustments to it in the future. And we’ll let you know if we do.